Just a side note:

Whilst working at my school I’ve noticed a few quirks with their English. They tend to learn British English, but pick up a lot of American pronunciation and slang. Normally you can decipher through things, but sometimes it gets a bit awkward. One that’s hard to get used to though is the British word for an eraser, which they call a rubber. In America, this is a common term for a condom.

Needless to say I’m very startled everytime students ask the teachers, their peers, or me for a rubber.


1 Comment

Filed under Uncategorized

One response to “

  1. I love your site! 🙂

    Experiencing a slow PC recently? Fix it now!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s