Homemade soda’s are not too hard to make. They just require a bit of time.
Here’s what you’ll need:
Sugar, Water, A bottle, A funnel, Flavoring (I recommend Vanilla extract), and Yeast (preferably Champagne Yeast if you can find it. You can get this at a homebrew shop, but if you can’t baker’s yeast will work as well), cheese cloth (optional)
1) Find a normal sized 500ml soda bottle. This is the small one, but you can double, or quadruple the ratios if you’re using a 1 or 2 Liter bottle.
2) Put a 1/4 cup of sugar into the bottle with a funnel.
3) Take 1 tablespoon of a flavoring of your choice and put it through the funnel.
4) Now put 1/16 of a teaspoon of yeast into the bottle. Careful to not put too much or too little. If you put too much it may taste like bread, and if you put too little it won’t carbonate very well.
5) Fill the bottle up with water leaving about an inch on top and then tilt the bottle up and down to mix everything together.
6) Store the bottle in a warm area for 24-48 hours. Careful if it’s very hot out because the bottle might explode. Test the pressure on the bottle by squeezing the sides. If it feels like a normal soda would, it’s done.
7) If you have a cheese cloth you can filter out the yeast. If not, you can just drink it as is. The yeast won’t kill you, it just looks weird.
8) Refrigerate to stop the yeast.
Some Good Guides to Specific Sodas:
Ginger Ale or Ginger Beer
Go here for a tutorial on how to make cheese, butter, curds, and whey!
And here for to learn how to make homemade eggnog.